Sunday, July 24, 2011

Running a Candy Bar Co: 2:48 AM Edition

I've never been a huge late night party animal.  Even in college a single late night (defined as 2AM or later) was enough to last me for a couple weeks, if not a month.  I know, I know, I'm a nerd.  Yes, being lucid for the vivacious debate in my 8AM Industrial Management class was much more important than Tuesday night banger off campus...sorry just how I'm wired.  But it wasn't until business school I realized that I could stay up really late working through case studies or putting together spreadsheets and pop up next morning with no lingering hangover from 4 hours of sleep.  This persisted in my professional life as well, I could take a 2AM meeting with offshore resources and still be up and at 'em on the treadmill at 6AM.

When I launched my second venture Office Face, late nights were a common occurrence and so were 8AM presentations for my client that I handled with aplomb.  I'm learning that the same will be true for Cakedy.  I believe in this product and this venture more than with the last.  I also believe that execution, discipline and aggressiveness are critical to any business success.  This sometimes means checking off on a backlog of to do items that necessitate a 3:45AM bed time.  The thing is, I was back up at 8:30AM, prepping for a client meeting and in the words of James Brown....I feel good!




Sincerely,
Motivated




No comments:

Post a Comment