Sunday, April 10, 2011

Helper Profle: David Klein, The Candyman

The idea for the Cakedy candybar had been bouncing around in my head for a few months when I happened on an msn article about Roxy Klein a young candy apprentice in southern cal.  With a little research I found out her father, David Klein, was the inventor of Jelly Belly jelly beans - a pretty nice feather in your candyworld cap if you can get it.  On a whim I picked up the phone and dialed, getting Roxy on the line.  "Give me your number and I'll have someone get back to you." Was her retort.  Begrudgingly I forked over the number certain I'd never hear from David.  5 minutes later (I said 5) David is inside my head probing me with questions on the size, naming conventions, chocolate content and nougat flavor of a Cakedy candybar.

Needless to say David's been awesome.  His advice and guidance have been incredibly helpful in navigating the candyworld.  I definitely look forward to David's continued involvement as we take Cakedy from scrappy upstart to king of the candyworld!  Take a look at the trailer for David's documentary

No comments:

Post a Comment