Saturday, April 23, 2011

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Today I had a really good meeting with a potential producer. They were incredibly professional, showed interest in the product, had done their homework on me (I'm looking at your Linkedin) and one of the bakers had experience making a similar product...can you say AWESOME!

I learned the hard way with skoobin (my book trading venture) and office-face (video resume) that it's important to get the right people in the right jobs from the beginning.  Firedrills exists at behemoths such as GE or Globodyne so you can expect with startups that they're par for the course, but one way to mitigate that is to have strong experienced resources in place, which is what this particular group of producers represents.

Another reasons I'm enamored with these producers is that the lead guy pinged me with questions and then offered up some candid criticism.  Typically when meeting with people who want your money they go out of their way to praise your product as not to upset you and their subsequent cash flow.  But like I said this guy was a pro, he hopped right in and in a way that was both frank and informative leveled some feedback that made me same hmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment