Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Cake-Dee People

I was talking with a potential PR Director for our launch today when she uttered my worst fear "How do you pronounce it?" Ugh. As an MBA with 600 level marketing courses I should've known better. The first rule of product development is the giving it a name that people can PRONOUNCE. My sister just two days earlier had referred to it as Cake-a-dee and the PR interview was the final straw. I'm working with our designer to create a logo that clearly shows the CAKE as a word with the dy trailing, hopefully that will make it easier for consumers.

I love the name and can definitely see it as a national brand...but I guess I've got to figure this small piece out first, that or get used to uttering the phrase "no it's CAKE-DEE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment