Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend Movie Review: Conspirator and Scream 4

Conspirator:  I'm a Civil War buff and huge fan of Lincoln so there wasn't a very high bar here, but if there was it would've met it.  The acting was first rate and to see the trial of Lincoln's conspirators recreated was pretty awesome (testifiers stood instead of sat in 1864).  I think in an effort to not inflame some moviegoers they didn't talk much about the root of the conspirators purpose in killing Lincoln.  Hollywood. 

Scream 4:   I'm pretty sure Wes Cravens just Punk'd me.  If not then and this cinematic presentation really is the 4th installment then I'm giving it a D.  It is the worst of the scream franchises.  Obviously 1 was awesome and 2 and 3 definitely held water.  This one was just gratuitous stabbings and really asks you to suspend belief.  If you're reading this and haven't seen it yet, wait for Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment